Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sudden change of plans ...

I think we need to take a breather. You all seem almost as tired and jagged as I am ;-)

Tomorrow, rather than covering the lenses material as planned, we will be reviewing for the exam. I think right now you would benefit more from solidifying the material we already covered, rather than moving relentlessly forward. We'll pick up optics again on Friday.

So here's the plan for Thursday ... about 9 hours from now: I'll review briefly the material relevant to the exam. I will also bring some exam-like problems to solve and work on the board. You'll come with questions, and problems you want to see a solution to. Anything is fair game ... so long as it is related at least tangentially to the exam.

I had more or less built one extra day into the schedule from the beginning, just in case, for things like this.

I suppose this means that if you think you are ready to just completely rock the exam, tomorrow could be a waste of time. Probably, though, in my heavily sleep-deprived state, I will let some important hint about the exam slip. One never knows.

No comments: