Sunday, July 18, 2010

Last-minute things

First: an error in the HW2 solution has been corrected; I solved #2 incorrectly ... it is fine now.

Second: There won't be any questions from Ch. 18 in your text (Ch. 5 in the notes), i.e., dc circuits. There will be questions on current, resistance, and resistivity, but not on resistors and circuits with resistors. I know I said it was fair game for the exam, but once I got to making it up, I had enough questions without digging into dc circuits. So, that's one less thing to worry about.

Third: here's a preview of your formula sheet for the exam. It may change as I find typos or change my mind about something, but it will look very much the same. You are still allowed to bring in one 8.5x11in sheet of paper of your own with whatever you want on it; this preview is meant to help you figure out what you needn't bother putting on the sheet ... (You can bring in one sheet with both sides filled, or two sheets with a single side filled, which I figure amounts to the same thing.)

Fourth: DO NOT FORGET A CALCULATOR. I will bring a few spares, since someone's calculator invariably dies on exam day ...

Finally: relax. You have been well trained for this thing, if I do say so myself :-) and you will be fine.

No comments: