Monday, August 9, 2010

Grade update

Pretty much all grades are up on moodle now, including the final exam scores (they took a long, long while to grade). The morning section averaged about 79% on the final, the afternoon section 75%. I graded it pretty leniently in the end, since time was definitely a factor. As a result of fairly lenient grading, scaling wasn't really necessary.

Tomorrow some time I will post a final grade average, taking into account all the dropped grades, the bonus for taking the assessment test, extra credit, etc. Letter grades will be posted on myBama on Tuesday, probably in the morning.

Again, check your grades to make sure that none are missing. I think everything that has been brought to my attention so far has been taken care of, but it is possible I've missed a homework or lab grade for someone yet.

If you have questions about how your final exam graded came out the way it did, I have your scores recorded by question and can answer that as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to be clear of the syllabus "fractional percentages always rounded up"...a 92.22 would round up to a 93 making an A rather than an A- correct?

pleclair said...

I have had entirely too much trouble with this statement in the past, and all I'm going that if rounding occurs, it will be in your favor, but it is handled on a case-by-case basis.

Generally speaking, a 92.22 would probably be rounded up to a 93, but when it is that close I take a very, very close look at all your grades and your final exam scoring.

The final exams will get one last look before I submit final grades as well.