Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Exam II is imminent

After finishing proofreading the exam and making a formula sheet, I quickly took the exam myself. Solving the exam, fixing typos/errors, and checking that the formula sheet had everything you needed took me 32 minutes.

I expect you can do the exam in an hour if you don't need to use the formula sheet, since you only have to do 75% of the problems, and don't have to proofread per se ...

I think you are well prepared for the exam. Read all the problems first, and choose your 6 wisely. Solve the ones you really know the best first, and work your way down. Time management is crucial, so don't get stuck anywhere - carefully read all the problems first, it will save you time in the end. There will be heavy partial credit, like on the homework, so show all your work - demonstrating you know what you are doing even with a numerically wrong answer is worth a lot of points.

And, for the night owls (or early risers I suppose), your formula sheet is here. You're better off reading homework solutions at this late hour though.

No comments: