Monday, August 2, 2010

Grades / this week

I just posted Quiz 6 & 7 grades on Moodle, the homework grades will be updated later tonight.

Tomorrow, your quiz is on photons - energy per photon (E=hf), intensity of a beam of photons, etc.

Wednesday, several things will happen.
1) During the lab sessions, there will be a chance for review.
2) There is no real lab, you'll do the post-assessment test (worth some bonus points) and evaluations.
3) I will discuss a few things related to the logistics of the final exam.

Later tonight, I will be posting details about the final exam, and how to review for it. Tonight and tomorrow I'll be posting some of the HW and quiz solutions so you can use them for studying as well.

Finally, I will there will be a possibility for extra credit I'll post about tonight or in the morning.*

*If you have >90% in the class, I really don't want to see an extra credit assignment from you. I'll go over formal ground rules for the extra credit tomorrow, but it is not meant to be an insurance policy for those of you already getting a solid "A." The idea is to have a way to boost your grade if you're on the border line, etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we missed a homework or quiz and received a zero is it already dropped on our current average?

pleclair said...

Right now in Moodle there is 1 HW and 1 Quiz dropped, so the average for each section listed there is right.

(It automatically drops the lowest score.)