Thursday, July 10, 2008

Video of today's lecture

I haven't had time yet to do any processing (say, to cut out our 10' break in the middle), or even watch it all, but here you can find the video of today's lecture, as MPEG or Quicktime. (The accompanying powerpoint slides are here.)

A couple of quick observations on this:

  • The projector screen is still off-camera, so it is a bit annoying you can't see the images I'm referring to, hence the separate download. My iSight is not up to the task of capturing the whole room.
  • I am frequently off-camera. I knew I moved around a lot ...
  • The whiteboard scribblings are readable, but sometimes just barely so. I need bigger markers (wider), and I should write bigger.
  • I still dislike how my voice sounds recorded, and I look like a dork with the headset on. It was easily the best way to record the audio, though.
I don't know if these videos will actually be useful or not. I can imagine after listening to me for two hours already, you would be loathe to sit through a rerun ... on the other hand, for homework solutions, or trying to remember what I said about something in particular, maybe.

Ideally: one would remix the video with the powerpoint slides I used, so both appear side-by-side, cut out the 'dead' spots, and add some indexes so you could find any particular spot in the lecture at will. Or: I could continue getting at least a few hours of sleep per night.

Better yet: check out the iTunes University. People with staff, resources, and pro technology are already doing this ...

No comments: