Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Exam 1 grades

I've posted exam 1 grades on Mastering Physics now. I ended up taking the total number of points you got from all problems you did, and just taking it out of 100 instead of 120.

I arrived at this procedure by first calculating your grades that way, and also separately taking the best 5 out of 6 problems. In all cases, the first method gave the same or better grade, so I opted for the second method. That gave an average class score of 81% with a standard deviation of 15%, pretty reasonable. I was also happy that choosing this method meant substantially fewer people ended with Ds and Fs on the exam.

Anyway: please check your posted scores against what is marked on your exam (and also make sure all the points add up right on the exam) so there are no errors.

No comments: