Wednesday, July 13, 2011

HW2 #7

Q1: On problem 7 (Moving a Charge) of the second homework set I keep getting this error message when I input my answer in a variety of different ways: "There is an error in your submission. Make sure you have formatted it properly."

Q2: I'm sure I have problem 7 right, but it is being marked wrong.

I've gotten these questions many times already, and in almost every case you did have the right answer. For some reason this problem is weirdly particular about the order the operations (superscript, subscript, square root) are put in.

If you definitely have the right answer, and can prove it (screen shot, copy & paste, etc), show me and I'll just go in and override your score for that question to give you full credit.

If this happens more than (roughly) 20 times, I will decide it is not worth the effort anymore and will give everyone full credit on #7 :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You da man Leclair!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Leclair,

Can we type out our formula sheet or does it have to be hand-written??

Thanks!!!!!!!!

pleclair said...

no restrictions on the formula sheet other than size - typed, handwritten, crayon, whatever.

i've even seen one person write in red in one direction and over top in blue perpendicular to it, and use old-school 3D glasses to read both.

Anonymous said...

Are we supposed to make a formula sheet or are you supplying one?

pleclair said...

I'm supplying one that has all the basics, basically identical to this one from last summer (except yours doesn't have current & resistance on it, since it isn't on your exam).

Your formula sheet, if you choose to bring one, can include anything *else* you might need. Example problems, notes on what the formulas mean, anything you want. What's on the example sheet linked above I will provide with the exam.